On Monday at 7 p.m. in Humber Lakeshore’s auditorium, the Humber Public Relations Committee (HPRC) will host its Second Annual Bloggers Conference.
Whether this is your first time attending the conference, or you came last year, there is so much to experience in one short evening.
Here are some tips on how to make the most of this event:
- Familiarize yourself with the speakers. Take the time to read each of the speaker’s biographies before attending the event. We also recommend visiting their blogs to familiarize yourself with their writing style and topics.
This year’s speakers are:
- Have some questions prepared. After each presentation, there will be a Q&A session with the speaker. Having some questions ready will keep the conference rolling and will ensure you get the most out of each speaker.
- Plan to network. After Julio and Daniel’s presentation, there will be a 30-minute intermission where light refreshments will be provided. During this time, you are encouraged to network. Students from communications programs across the city will be present along with the speakers.
- Take good notes. We encourage you to bring a notepad and pen to take notes during the event. The speakers will share great information that you will definitely want to remember.
- Tweet your thoughts. Use the hashtags #HumberPR and #BC2014 throughout the conference to share your thoughts, opinions and takeaways. One lucky event attendee will receive a $10 gift card from Starbucks for live tweeting during the event.
Tickets will be available for purchase right up to the start of the event on Eventbrite ($5+tax for Humber students and faculty, and $10+tax for non-Humber students and professionals), as well as in cash at the door.
We look forward to an incredible night of speakers!